Strategy Consulting Limited

 FREE OFFERS
   

  CALL US ON

   0845 8380936
Business Funding

GOVERNMENT FUNDING, LOAN GUARANTEE SCHEMES AND EQUITY FUNDS

Government Funding

 

In January 2009, the Government introduced measures to give small and medium-sized businesses (SME’s) access to up to 20bn in bank loan finance, aimed at helping companies during the credit crunch. These measures are the Enterprise Finance Guarantee Scheme (EFG), the Working Capital Scheme (WCS) and the Capital for Enterprise Fund.

The Business Secretary, Lord Mandelson, announced three measures, saying they are designed to tackle the cash flow, credit and investment needs of businesses.

ENTERPRISE FINANCE GUARANTEE SCHEME (EFG)

Enterprise Finance Guarantee Scheme (EFG) is aimed at businesses with a turnover of up to 25m, securing up to 1.3bn of additional bank loans. The EFG scheme will guarantee 75 percent of loans, with banks covering the remaining 25 percent. According to the statement from BERR, the scheme is for "smaller, credit-worthy companies which might otherwise fail to access the finance they need for working capital or investment finance due to the current tight lending conditions". The Enterprise Finance Guarantee Scheme appears to be the replacement for the long established Small Firms Loan Guarantee Scheme (SFLG).

WORKING CAPITAL SCHEME (WCS)

A 10bn Working Capital Scheme (WCS) that the government claims will secure up to 20bn of short-term lending to companies with a turnover of up to 500m. It expands a scheme announced by the chancellor in November 2008, to support a 1bn bank facility for smaller exporters. This has now been opened up to more businesses and lending, and not just exporters.

CAPITAL FOR ENTERPRISE FUND

This is an expansion of a 50m scheme announced by the chancellor to help small businesses to convert debt into equity. The Government and banks will invest through the Capital for Enterprise Fund 75m - 50m from the Government and 25m from banks - in viable companies that have high levels of existing debt. In the private sector, Business Angels are an alternative option.

The banks that are expected to administer the schemes initially are Lloyds TSB, RBS/Natwest, Barclays, Clydesdale/Yorkshire Bank, HSBC, HBOS, and Northern Bank.

Strategy Corporate Finance has many years experience of helping clients obtain Government Loan Guarantee Schemes and Funds, with a success rate of over 90%.

We can only help with funding and advice for sums over 50,000. For enquiries below 50,000, please contact your nearest Business Link.


More information? More information? Ask us here.

Strategy Consulting Limited
Tel: 0845 8380936
Email: strategy@nildram.co.uk
Fax: 0870 1369549

Strategy Consulting Limited - Government Funding



All quotes are taken directly from written references, and originals are available on request. For details of recent work, click here